Thursday, August 19, 2004

Never say never

There are certain movies that I will never watch again, not because they are bad, just the opposite, they are too powerful. These movies invoke really strong emotions in me. I just saw American History X and no matter how hard I try, I cannot get the movie out of my mind. I've become a huge fan of Edward Norton. I had liked him in Fight Club, but it didn't affect me the way this one did. Another movie that had a huge impact on me was Requiem for a Dream. I remember getting mad at my brother for showing me that movie. I had to watch cartoons for sometime before going to bed. I was depressed for days thinking about what happened and how it might be true for some. To this day I get chills whenever I listen to the movie's soundtrack by Paul Oakenfold. Then there is Life is Beautiful, amazing movie, but could not bear to watch it again. I could not sleep after watching it. In the middle of the night I woke up my roommate and asked her to talk the movie through with me so I could get it out of my head. She made fun of me the next day for being a wuss.

Some other movies that I thought about for a long time after watching were Donny Darko, and Memento. I am a fan of Shymalam's movies just because I can never guess the endings. I loved Matrix and was blown away by the concept the first time I watched it. It's probably the movie I've seen the most times, but after watching the second and third sequel the effect kind of wore off.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

eXTReMe Tracker