Wednesday, July 27, 2005

Sex on TV

My mom is visiting and I've been watching a lot of TV with her. Until now I didn't realize just how much sex or sexual references there are on TV. Any show we watch makes me a tad bit uncomfortable to be watching it with her. I switch the channel as soon as something like "Desperate Housewives" or "Sex and the City" comes on, but as soon as I start watching a seemingly harmless show like "Seinfeld" I regret the decision immediately. I mean I watched 3 episodes of "Seinfeld" - one was about cleavage, another about nakedness and the third about the rule of sexual advances while dating.

So I decide to start watching "Spin City" with her. The one episode we saw was about casual sex. It's the same story with "Friends". What is on in the evenings for adults that doesn't have sexual connotions? Till I find out the answer, I will have to stick with reading books and talking walks in Golden Gate Park while my mom is around.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

eXTReMe Tracker